Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: potential security issues with embedded systems?

From: Paul Russell <prussell () ND EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:34:17 -0500

Kyle Barger wrote:

We all know what we've had to deal with in terms of security issues for
Windows as a server and desktop OS.  What has the track record been for
embedded systems that use Windows?

Microsoft "is creating the next generation of software that will revolutionize
the melding of computing and communications with the car." So, what happens
when your car gets a BSOD, or an unpatched automotive OS gets hacked?

See <http://www.microsoft.com/automotive/windowsautomotive/> for more
about the Windows Automotive .NET Connected Car Initiative.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator