Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

New Email Virus

From: David Bruce <david.bruce () SIMMONS EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:30:38 -0500

Since this morning, we are seeing a new e-mail virus that does not
appear to be detectible by current Norton or McAfee virus definitions.
So far, the attachment received has always been named "photos.zip" with
subject "our private photos".  We are now filtering email on this
basis.  Has anyone else seen this?

--
David Bruce                                          Phone: 617.521.2187
UNIX Systems Administrator                           Fax:   617.521.3082