Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

looking for examples of remote computing policies

From: "Hare, Steven M" <hare () PURDUE EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:08:20 -0500

Do any of you have remote computing policies currently in place?  Remote
computing growth here has been "organic" over the years in academic and
adminstrative groups, and we now need to deal with many of the issues
centrally.  In particular, security, support, equipment ownership,
access to {public, sensitive, restricted} data, etc.  Any suggestions
would be helpful as we are about to make a first pass at what should be
included.  Thanks,

Steve Hare
Associate Vice President
ITaP / Security and Privacy