Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

mailinglist etiquette Re: WSJ.com - Stop the Music!

From: Jere Retzer <retzerj () OHSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:53:10 -0700

Scott wrote:

I didn't mean to single him out...

No harm, no foul as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, if you wish to
post an article from the WSJ the only reliable alternatives I know,
since much of it is subscription-only are to forward it from their web
site, which sends only in html or to save it to a text editor and delete
all the html and then copy and paste into an e-mail.

I think it is fascinating, however that sending to the list from a
newspaper web site spoofs sending from my regular account well enough to
post to a list dedicated to computer security.