Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

security engineer salaries

From: Scott Genung <sagenung () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:38:07 -0500

All,

I am currently arguing for the hire of a dedicated security engineer with a
University wide focus. I understand that many institutions currently have
these resources and was wondering what the range of salaries were being
paid for these positions. I realize that these numbers are dependent upon
geography. I just want to give my VP a realistic estimate of what this
position may cost. I appreciate any feedback on this topic.

Scott Genung
Manager of Networking Systems
Telecommunications and Networking
Illinois State University