Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: number of IT security staff

From: James H Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:10:26 -0500

I think that Kathy is trying to update ECAR ;-) Really, does someone know if
ECAR is going to track this on an annual basis?  We are not a member of
ECAR, and I haven't seen the full report, but I might make the case for
joining, if ECAR has the intention of tracking security manangement,
technical, risk, and awareness issues annually, along with some trending.

Jim
- - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Office: 585-475-5406
Lab: 585-475-4122
Fax: 585-475-7950

"Distrust and caution are the parents of security."  -- Benjamin Franklin