Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Upgrading Eudora clients due to recent vulnerability

From: Gary Dobbins <dobbins () ND EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:11:27 -0500

Joe St Sauver wrote:
I'd really be interested if anyone's found my fantasy agent-based "tell
users which of all their applications need to be updated"-type application
(particularly if it is open source or cheap enough that I can afford it
for everyone who needs it on campus!)

We too are trying to push that Eudora update here.  And will get in
line to get that magic "oil-change" application to give our users.

These updates are critical to us, but not to the users with nothing on
fire as far as they can tell.  We have to close that perception gap.
Awareness plus incentives?