Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability scanner for MS05-039

From: Graham Toal <gtoal () UTPA EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:17:30 -0500

David Taylor wrote:

Great tool!  Thanks for the work you did on this and a special thanks in
sharing.  I scanned 4 Class B networks with it today!  Fast and seems to be
pretty accurate!

I have a *lot* of these:

445 MS04-007 SECURE:MS04-011 SECURE:MS05-039 INCONCLUSIVE [0000f203]

Any ideas what the Inconclusive means in that context?  They're all XPs.
Some of them
may not have rebooted yet despite already having received the patch.
(We pushed out
the updates last week using SMS)

Otherwise out of a Class B, only 2 were not up to date with patches :-)
Looks like
our 2-year effort to get everyone under SMS/EPO/AD is starting to get
some traction.

Graham