Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

sys32.pif & msdos-1.pif & msdos.pif

From: Laurie Coles <lcoles () CBU EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:54:48 -0500

We have been having continual problems with a worm. We started out with
msdos.pif running in the processes and it was also in the registry. I was
able to find a tool to remove this worm. I then patched the computer with
the most updated patches from Microsoft. Then I started seeing msdos-1.pif,
now I'm seeing sys32.pif. These PCs have previously had this worm removed
and have been patched. Has anybody else been seeing this type of problem. I
cannot find anything on the internet about the sys32.pif. Thanks, Laurie
Coles

Laurie L. Coles

Director of Network Services

901-321-3480