Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

CALEA

From: Luke Sheppard <lshep () TCPIPLAB COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:08:02 -0700

Many appologies if this has already been discussed recently. But I did
not see any way to search the archives of this forum from the ISC2
website.

I'm the security director for the IT/ISP department at the University of
Southern California, so I very much need to be able to guide the
university's compliance with CALEA. I've read much of the law itself as
well as the FBI's 4th version of their FlexGuide. So I have an idea of
what CALEA might require in the future. But what I really need to know
is what will USC  be required to do in 18 months, when the CALEA
deadline for broadband/ISPs/universities goes into effect. I've also
read the little bit that Educause has but it's more of legal stance
than any actual technical guideline.

So does anyone on this forum know any more about what to do about CALEA
than I do? If so, please let me know. There's not much on google. Thank
you.

--
Luke Sheppard, CISSP
Director of Information Security