Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendation for undelete utility

From: Chad McDonald <chad.mcdonald () GCSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:07:15 -0500

If this is for a forensic investigation to be used for criminal prosecution
or if legal action may result, you should use EnCase from Guidance software.
It is pricey and has a bit of a learning curve, but it is the standard for
this type of software.

More simply if this is for common data recover, I recommend R-Studio.

Chad McDonald, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia College & State University
Office    478.445.4473