Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Portal / Web Mail timeouts

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:21:04 -0500

We¹ve been doing 15 minute screensaver timeouts and letting portal
authentication tickets last for 8 hours on the portal side.

I know our Webmail has a Œpublic v. private¹ terminal option but I haven¹t
explored it much other than to know the public one times out.

We have chosen to fight the battle for locking the screensaver and leave the
applications able to be used for the entire normal work day.