Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Disclaimers

From: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders () SOUTHPLAINSCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:16:43 -0500

We put this on our Compupter Labs, but not on our office machines.  The
actual text is:

"System use must be in support of education and research and be
consistent with the educational objectives of South Plains College.
Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state
regulation is prohibited.  This includes, but is not limited to,
copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or material
protected by trade secret.  Use for commercial activities, product
advertisement, or political lobbying is also prohibited."

---
Tim Winders | Associate Dean of Information Technology | South Plains
College