Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Establishing Program Committee for Security 2008

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:07:47 -0700

The 2008 EDUCAUSE & Internet2 Security Professionals Conference will be held in Arlington, Virginia, May 4-6, 2008.
If you would like to be a part of continuing the tradition of the Security Professionals Conference organized by
EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and the Security Task Force, then I would encourage you to volunteer for the Program Committee.
Please check out the "Volunteer Opportunities" (http://www.educause.edu/861) that includes a link to Program Committees
or follow the links to "Volunteer Now" (http://www.educause.edu/870).

We will establish a program committee comprised of security professionals (of all ranks and titles) from a diverse
range of institutions (i.e., size, type, geographic location, etc.).  The 2008 program committee will hold its first
meeting during Security 2007 (http://www.educause.edu/sec07) in Denver, CO, on Wednesday, April 11th.   Thereafter, the
program committee will meet via monthly conference calls between May 2007 and May 2008.

So, please volunteer (by visiting http://www.educause.edu/870) or send your nominations to Security-Task-Force ()
educause edu  Priority consideration will be given to candidates who volunteer by Friday, February 9th.

-Rodney

Rodney J. Petersen, J.D.
Government Relations Officer & Security Task Force Coordinator

EDUCAUSE
1150 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1010
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 331-5368 / (202) 872-4200