Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SYSADM and Security

From: Allan Williams <allan.williams () ANU EDU AU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:42:58 +1100

G'day,
        We have a similar situation but have tried to mitigate the risk
though the separation of duties.  We have a syadmin and a DBA team
each responsible for agreed specific tasks.  Getting them to work
together and respect the virtual boundaries took a little work as the
desired expertise for some tasks lay with the other group.  It's not
perfect and still relies on a level of trust but seems to work.

Regards,
        Allan