Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HOB and DMCA

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:42:21 -0400

Greg T. Grimes wrote:
We've seen HBO notices like this.  At first I thought they must have the
wrong IP's or something, then I noticed that if I subtracted 6 hrs from
the time they gave us, it was dead on everytime.  They don't state it, but
the time they are giving is GMT.  Or at least the ones I have seen.

Ours seem to clearly indicate otherwise:
"First Found: 5 Apr 2007 19:46:30 EDT (GMT -0400)"
" Last Found: 5 Apr 2007 19:46:30 EDT (GMT -0400)"

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"Beer - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white wine."