Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Open Source Anti-Virus

From: "Fowler, Steve" <steve.fowler () OREGONSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:07:30 -0700

As a part of my review of potential Anti-Virus vendors I have been asked
to consider Open Source products as well.  Application names I am aware
of, Clam-AV, ClamWin, ClamXav, ClamShell, & KlamAV.
Are there others you have run across?

Questions:
 1. Are you currently using an Open Source AV product in your computing
environment?

 1a. If so, what product and in what application?

 2. In selecting an Antivirus vendor have you or did you considered an
open source solution for the desktop?  Why or why not?

If you are using an open source product for the desktop I'd like to
discuss this further.

Thanks
Steve Fowler
Systems Manager