Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

REMINDER - CONFERENCE - Securing the eCampus 2.0 (October 9-10, 2007)

From: Adam Goldstein <adam.goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:42:38 -0400

*** Please pardon any duplicate receipts of this message***

Conference information and registration details:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/.

---
Securing the eCampus 2.0: Building a Culture of Security in an Academic
Institution (October 9-10, 2007 Hanover, NH)

Faculty, staff and students are more connected than ever before with new
technologies emerging every day.  Mobile computing, IP ubiquity, Web
2.0, CALEA... recent trends illustrate that information-system security
is both a campus-wide concern and an institution-wide responsibility.
We are pleased to invite you to join your peers at Dartmouth College's
regional information security conference, "Securing the eCampus 2.0:
Building a Culture of Information Security in an Academic
Institution".   The conference will begin in the late afternoon of
October 9th and will conclude on the evening of October 10th.

The conference will bring together CIOs, CISOs and others responsible
for information security from colleges and universities throughout New
England and New York.  Our main topics for discussion will include:
strategic planning and decision making for information security in
higher education, IP ubiquity, data security and the unique challenges
posed to academic institutions, and security awareness.  Background
information, the agenda, travel and lodging, speaker bios, and
registration information can be found on our website at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/.

Registration cost for the conference is $85 and includes dinner on
October 9th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on October 10th.  We have
set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the Courtyard by
Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon.   Our group block is under "ISTS - Institute
for Security Technology Studies".  The guaranteed room rate is $179 for
a single/king.  Please make your reservations as soon as possible.  The
cutoff date for the room block is Monday, September 17th.  Hotel contact
information is:

Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon
10 Morgan Drive Lebanon, NH 03766
Phone: 800.321.2211 or 603.643.5600
FAX: 603.643.1578
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lebcy-courtyard-hanover-lebanon/
Other hotel options are available on our website.

This workshop is co-sponsored by the Institute for Security Technology
Studies (ISTS) and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) at Dartmouth
College. Additional information about ISTS can be found at
http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/.  Information on Computing Services can
be found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding
the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please
contact either:

Tom Candon
Institute for Security Technology Studies
Thomas.K.Candon () Dartmouth EDU

Adam Goldstein Peter Kiewit Computing Services
Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Nicole Hall Hewett
Institute for Security Technology Studies
Communication and Events Manager
Nicole.Hall.Hewett () Dartmouth EDU

We look forward to seeing you in October!

Sincerely,

Ellen Waite-Franzen
Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
Dartmouth College

And

David Kotz, PhD
Executive Director