Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IT Security insurance

From: Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:21:05 -0400

Our Risk Management area contracted for a policy again this year.  We have $3M limit with $75K deductible.

In general we are starting to ask for Cyber coverage from vendors who are coming on campus, but it hasn't been
implemented 100%.  Risk Management here is working with
brokers to determine which providors we should be asking.  The difficulty is that this is new coverage, relatively
expensive particularly for small companies, however, the risk and exposure is certainly there. In general
many General Liability policies exclude it from coverage.

Theresa Rowe
Assistant Vice President
University Technology Services
www.oakland.edu/uts - the latest news from University Technology Services