Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Joining ren-isac

From: unisog <unisog () HOKAN ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:56:46 -0500

I sure wish that our perfectly fine group wasn't used to market
some other group.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 08:17:00PM -0400, Doug Pearson wrote:
Hi David, and all,

We're working on a revised membership model that will help. The rub is that in order to
have a tight-knit trusted community in which members are comfortable and willing to share
sensitive information, it's difficult to have ease-of-entry and serve the R&E community
broadly. We want both. The new model is not finalized, but it will likely be tiered - with
General and Xsec member classes. General membership will have a lower entry barrier. The
two classes will have different information sharing characteristics. That's a very rough
sketch of what we're working on. There's lots of details and added stuff all around that,
but it's premature to go into more detail. We recognize the issue and think this will
help.

Regards,

Doug Pearson
Technical Director, REN-ISAC