Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Exceptions to not keeping accounts for ex-employees

From: "Cheek, Leigh" <lcheek () UTK EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:30:11 -0400

Michael,

I have an audit finding on Banner accounts of terminated employees not
being closed. Apparently if a financial aid director creates a query for
the department use, then you cannot delete that account otherwise the
department cannot use that query. You can change the password and
disable the account.

I only have this problem on one campus. Have you run across this
problem?

Thanks,
Leigh Cheek, CIA, CISA
Auditor