Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Participation Guidelines - was "Laptop Encryption"

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:18:23 -0600

I want to respectively request that everyone please STOP replying to
their entire list regarding your interest in participating in a
conference call regarding Laptop Encryption.  I recognize that this is a
critically important issue for the community and appreciate your
enthusiasm.  However, the repeated replies to the list is not an
appropriate use of the listserv and has become an annoyance to many of
the list members who rely on the Security Discussion Group for useful
and timely information.  The Participation Guidelines
(http://www.educause.edu/ConstituentGroupParticipationGuidlines/892)
stress that "Personal messages should be sent directly to an
individual's e-mail address, not to the list."

Thank you,

-Rodney

Rodney J. Petersen, J.D.
Government Relations Officer & Security Task Force Coordinator

EDUCAUSE
1150 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1010
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 331-5368 / (202) 872-4200
(202) 872-4318 (FAX)
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force
www.educause.edu/security

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
www.StaySafeOnline.org