Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Visual Interpretation of Internet Threats

From: Kathy Bergsma <kbergsma () UFL EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:35:21 -0500

We used this video demonstration to promote our security awareness event (ITSA
Day) a couple years ago.

http://www.itsa.ufl.edu/trailer/

Sadler, Connie wrote:
This may be a strange request, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of attempts to make visuals of Internet threats. One of the big issues we face is
the fact that people don't see the threats, and what they don't see, they don't take seriously. Metrics help, demos help, and good stories
help, but if anyone knows of some visuals that can help people to actually "see" the threat, or a representation of the threat, I'd LOVE to
hear about it.

This might be a good student project??  ;-)

Thanks...

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
IT Security Officer, Brown University
Campus Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu,  Office: 401-863-7266
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x91E38EFB
PGP Fingerprint: DA5F ED84 06D7 1635 4BC7 560D 9A07 80BA 91E3 8EFB

--
Kathy Bergsma
UF Information Security Manager