Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk Encryption

From: "Spransy, Derek" <DSPRANS () EMORY EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:19:05 -0500

I should clarify my statement to say that there aren't any FDE products
that encrypt the boot volume on a Mac.  This gets back to the whole
issue of getting users to store their data in a specific place.  I think
that in the case of PGP Filevault might still be a better option because
it will encrypt a majority of the user's data, including mail caches and
other data that the user doesn't typically touch or even know about.