Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN concentrator Replacement Recommendation Needed

From: Russ Leathe <Russ.Leathe () GORDON EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:46:23 -0400

Hi Schilling,

We have been using the Juniper SA4000 for over a year now.   Not having
to deal with a client install has been nice.  The role mapping is
great...especially for our vendors...they authenticate and immediately
connect to their mapped drive or application automatically.

 We have notice a rise in the number of remote users over the past six
months (mainly due to our new ERP system).  Typically, requests come in
for VPN access  at the last minute (most of the time while they are on a
plane heading to their destination).  It's been great that we can
accommodate our users even though they don't always plan ahead.  :^)

We authenticate using LDAP via MS AD. Local users can be created as
well, if needed.  We use the local user feature for temporary access
(less than a week).

Hope this helps,

Russ