Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Deep Freeze & Boot Times

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:14:46 -0500

We are currently using AD and group policy. We used to use Centurion
Guard but ran into some performance issues as well as professors wanting
software installed on every lab computer with a days notice. MS has a
free tool called Steady state.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/sharedaccess/default
.mspx Steady State functions like Deep Freeze and Centurion Guard. I
have not tried it though.

Mike Tupker

Network Admistrator

Mount Mercy College