Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web hosting for Emergency notification/DR

From: Adam Garside <adam.garside () CPCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:04:59 -0400

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 09:55:17AM -0400, Michael Fox wrote:
My problem is that our legal department says that we cannot enter into a contract that has an indemnity clause in it.
I haven't found a hosting (commercial) site that doesn't have this clause and I've asked a few if they would remove
it and got the response, NO.

We had a similar issue but worked with Peak 10 here in Charlotte to
strike that clause from our contact. However, if you cannot find a
hosting provider, why not ask fellow institutions to host one for you?

Warm regards,

Adam

--
Adam Garside <adam.garside () cpcc edu>