Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AD Group membership exposure

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:46:02 -0400

Custer, William L. Mr. wrote:
Unlike Novell and and SunOne LDAP, by default Active Directory reveals
the to any member of a group, the list of constituents of that group.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've added this to my list of reasons to
continue resisting putting in AD on our campus.

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"Fascism: A system of government that exercises a dictatorship of the
extreme right, typically through the merging of state and business
leadership, together with belligerent nationalism." -- American Heritage
Dictionary.