Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DMCA madness from NBC/Universal...??]

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:30:03 -0400

Eva wrote:
We have not received the number of complaints reported by others, but
recently the notices were somewhat unusual from the RIAA and DMCA.
One DMCA notice referred to an incident in early May and another listed
an IP that never accessed the network.
A RIAA received earlier this week listed an impossible date and time
combination.

The notices we've received last semester have often been four hours off,
as if they're making bad time zone corrections from UST to EDT.

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"They who drink beer will think beer." --Washington Irving.