Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

upgrading a passive regenerative fiberoptics tap

From: Bob Bayn <Bob.Bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:33:11 -0600

We use a 1 Gigabit Netoptics Regeneration Tap to split off
copies of our network feed for various monitoring and
analyses.  Our network feed is being upgraded to 10G
and I'm looking for any competitors to the Netoptics
brand ('though we are quite satisfied with the performance
of our current 1G tap).  Anyone happy with a competing
product, or have any horror stories?   Netoptics seems
to still have the corner on this product niche.

--
Bob Bayn  ride-a-bike (435)797-2396
Network Security Team coordinator