Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Catch the Early Bird Rate - ND IT Security Conference Information

From: Theresa Semmens <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:34:38 -0500

Please excuse the cross posts!

If you'd like to catch the early bird rate for the 2008 IT Security
Conference, there's still time!

Due to the holiday weekend, we've extended the deadline -- all registrations
received by the end of the day on Friday, September 5 will receive the
discounted rate.

You can register online at www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity using a credit card, or
the printable registration form is attached if you'd rather pay by check or
purchase order.

More information can be found below.  Our brochure is located at
http://itsecurity.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/www.its.ndsu.edu/security/2008_Conferen
ce/2008-SecurityConfereceBrochure.pdf

2008 IT Security Conference for K20:
Safe Schools / Secure Systems

The fifth annual IT Security Conference for K20 will be held Tuesday, Oct.
21, and Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2008, at the Holiday Inn, Fargo.

The IT Security Conference for K20 is designed to provide Educational IT
leaders and staff with current policy and technology information, relevant
resources, and opportunities to ensure Safe Schools and Secure Systems.

Pre-conference sessions begin at 8 a.m. on Oct. 21. Full conference programs
follow from 1 to 5 p.m. on Oct. 21, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 22.
The early bird registration fee is $115 per person until Aug. 31, and then
increases to $130. The registration fee for college students with ID is $75.
Fee for the pre-conference session is $20. Two continental breakfasts, a
lunch buffet and an evening social are included with registration.

This year, the IT Security Conference for K20 provides an opportunity for
conference participants to receive graduate credit. Interested candidates
will be required to attend the pre-conference and conference seminars, and
complete a reflective essay.
To access registration forms and more information regarding the conference
schedule, session descriptions and the opportunity for graduate credit,
please visit www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity

= = = = = = More About the Conference = = = = = =

Presented by North Dakota State University's Information Technology Services
and EduTech, the conference is designed to increase awareness of the risks
associated with computer and network use in an academic setting. Focus of
the conference is on providing security professionals both managerial and
technological solutions to protect their IT investments and clients.
Educational IT leaders and staff, including those responsible for policy
development, are invited to attend.
Featured topics this year include:
.       Implementation, management, enforcement of IT policy and procedure
.       Network and desktop security
.       Open Web Application Security Project
.       Encryption as related to data at rest and in transit
.       Credit Card compliance - PCI DSS Standards - what it means for IT
Professionals
.       IT auditing standards and practices
.       North Dakota's K-20 IDM project
.       Migrating from IPv4 to IPv6 - NDSU's effective practice and
migration method
.       How a small rural school handles security for PDAs assigned to
students
.       What is REN ISAC?

For further information and to register for the conference, please visit the
IT Security Conference Web site at www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity You may also
contact Theresa Semmens, NDSU IT Security Officer, at 701.231.5870 or Jody
French, EduTech Director, at 701.231.7208.

Theresa Semmens, CISA
NDSU IT Security Officer
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58103
701.231-5870
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu

"If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But
when I believe I can, I acquire the ability to do it, even if I did not have
the ability in the beginning."      Mahatma Gandhi