Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA DMCA notices malformed this school year

From: Ken Connelly <Ken.Connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:34:29 -0500

We got three yesterday (our first since the academic year began).  I
don't use the XML so don't know/care if that was malformed.  They were
properly addressed, but ended up in our anti-spam quarantine!  I rather
reluctantly plucked them out for processing.  ;-)

- ken

Ardoth Hassler wrote:
This has been our practice. We usually send a reply that it is
improperly served and if properly served, we'll process it. We word it
better, of course. We also don't offer the correct address. After all,
it's regstered. ;-) To my knowledge, we've never had one reserved.

Ardoth Hassler
Georgetown U.