Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Laptop Security

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:13:05 -0600

We provide a Sonicwall SSL vpn portal for personal computer remote access (we've disabled the vpn capabilities for home
users). Remote access on the sonciwall is limited to OWA and intranet, some file shares, and terminal services for
everything else. Employees that have been given campus owned laptops can use a vpn client to connect back to the
network.

Patch management on all our campus computers is done with a combination of active directory GPO deployment and WSUS.

Mike Tupker
Systems Administrator
Mount Mercy College
Office: (319) 363-1323 x1401