Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Analytics

From: "Miller, Don C." <donm () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:02:31 -0800

We have been using google analytics for about 2 years now.  It is very
cool with minimal effort on the maintainer.  We have not had any issues.
We do still use Urchin, Splunk and some other stat gathering tools for
"real" log analysis and statistics but for the "non-owner" groups it is
an easy way for them to get stats without us giving them any additional
access to server data or resources.

Don Miller
University of Idaho