Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: stopping students sharing their login credentials

From: "Rappaport,Jason" <jbr32 () DREXEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:57:11 -0500

Ray -  in some of our labs we had an issue with students from other
colleges using our labs that forced us to limit access to our MAC labs.
We ended up implementing a custom script that not only would allow
authorized students to log onto the computers, but also limited them to
one logon per machine program; e.g. only one logon per the five Graphic
Design labs.  If anyone is interested in this script I would be willing
to share it with them; send me a private message.

Thanks, Jay

__________________________________
Jay Rappaport
jasonrap () drexel edu
215.895.1680 office
215.895.6447 fax
Systems Administrator
Microsoft Certified Professional
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design - Design & Imaging
Studios
Drexel University
http://drexel.edu/westphal