Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: transferring data to vendors/outsourced services

From: Theresa Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:07:43 -0500

Our process is to have the vendor respond to a questionnaire - that is
posted at http://www2.oakland.edu/uts/policies.cfm#outsourcing under the
paragraph *Outsourcing, Hosted Solutions and Application Service Providers*
click on the word Standards.  We have university staff who are engaging the
contract review the Checklist document.

These materials go with the contract or license to our General Counsel, who
may incorporate the Standards as completed by the vendor as an exhibit to
the contract.  Based on the vendor's responses, some additional protections
may be written into the contract by our General Counsel.

Theresa Rowe