Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Skype on the network

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:28:12 -0400

Hi,

We allow Skype, no security problems.

Take a look at http://www2.cit.cornell.edu/ncs/services/commercial_voip.html

They have done a nice job on this - most of the bases have been covered by their document.

My 2 cents.

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel