Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IPS Device

From: "James R. Pardonek" <pardonjr () CALUMET PURDUE EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:27:22 -0500

We have an Enterasys Dragon Appliance.  It does a great job and is
highly expandable.  We also have deployed their SIEM as well which
correlates Dragon events into actionable trouble tickets which make it
easier to tune the IPS.

James R. Pardonek, CISSP

Senior Network Administrator

Network Infrastructure Management and Maintenance

Computing Technology and Information Services

Purdue University Calumet

Hammond, Indiana