Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS responses

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:04:45 -0700

 Just to clarify, when stating that some institutions choose to avoid DSS: they did the work necessary to ensure their
institution was out of scope and thus did not require compliance. From what we've heard to date, taking a network out
of scope seems to be considerably more cost effective.

Brian Basgen
Information Security
Pima Community College