Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Borderware mail

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:25:14 +1200

OK, we have heard it for Ironport ;)

How many folk are using Borderware for email appliances?  And how do
you find them?

We are currently evaluating both Ironport and Borderware appliances to
replace our cluster of linux boxes running Postfix, Amavisd/spam
assassin (and a couple of AV  products).

The one thing we have found with borderware is that they only support
one ldap server, which would force us to consolidate the various
faculty ones.  Something we have been considering anyway.

Russell Fulton

Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand