Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Local Admin Accounts

From: Guy Pace <gpace () SBCTC EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:14:25 -0700

Dropping everyone to basic user would have been my preference. But, remember this was back in the early dark ages of
Win2k and AD. We still had to deal with production applications that were based on Win95 design practices. PowerUser
was a compromise that we had to live with for a while. Today, it should not be a problem.

Guy L. Pace, CISSP
Security Administrator
Information Technology Division
WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
3101 Northup Way, Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98004
425-803-9724
gpace () sbctc edu