Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Our Group Meeting at EDUCAUSE 2009

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:13:11 -0600

I am posting the following message on behalf of our discussion group
leaders, Peter Siegel (Vice Provost & CIO, University of California,
Davis) and Brian Voss (Vice Chancellor for IT & CIO, Louisiana State
University). Thank you -- Valerie
_____________

Valerie M. Vogel, Program Associate, EDUCAUSE
Phone: 310-396-7033
E-mail: vvogel () educause edu
http://www.educause.edu/security
_____________

Dear Colleagues:

2009 is an especially important year for the community to gather and
collaboratively address the challenges our institutions face. It's more
important than ever to actively network, tap into colleagues' expertise,
and explore future strategies together. For these reasons, we hope you
are planning to attend the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference in November. You
can review the program and additional conference information at
http://net.educause.edu/e09

We also invite you to attend our Higher Education Information Security
Council (formerly the Security Task Force) open meeting on Thursday,
November 5. You will be able to learn more about our current
initiatives, new strategic directions, as well as volunteer
opportunities. Security risks are rising during ever-tighter budget
times; we are all about advocacy and effective practices to help us all
mitigate and manage those risks better than ever, despite the
challenges. So, bring your questions and suggestions regarding efforts
to improve information security in higher education.

http://www.educause.edu/E2009/EDUCAUSE2009/HigherEducationInformationSec
u/175802
Meeting Room 607
12:45 - 2:00 pm

Please note that there will be a number of security, policy, and
privacy-related sessions at EDUCAUSE 2009, as well. View a list of
sessions by selecting "Schedule Overview" for Security, Policy, and
Privacy on the Program page
(http://net.educause.edu/ProgramOverview/1020918) or visit the security
events calendar (http://www.educause.edu/SecurityTaskForce/Events/1054).

Best wishes and we hope to see you there,
Peter Siegel and Brian Voss
Co-Chairs, Higher Education Information Security Council (formerly the
Security Task Force)