Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Basic Practical IPSec Documentation?

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:31:55 -0500

Mike,

Check out http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/bb531150.aspx, especially the introductory overviews or is this
the documentation you are lamenting ;-)

Somewhere, there's a good presentation on "how MS IT uses IPSEC".    One of the take homes was "we require IPSec for
everyone in the domains but except IP exceptions exceptions for the Mac Business Unit".   The SANS Securing windows
course has a lot of that material in it  too.  The other take home is it's not too hard if you can push out IPSEC certs
to everyone using MS CA.  Otherwise it's hard.