Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CIO, CISO

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:51:04 -0400

I must be tech challenged- couldn't figure out your email address. :-)

CIO - SR VP of Administration and Finance who reports to President.  CIO does have a seat on the cabinet
CISO - to the CIO but with a clear description that the role has University wide responsibility and not just IT
responsibility
   In our case since we also handle all the Cyber Investigations on campus - including law enforcement ones - the CISO
has a dotted
   line to the Chief of Police as well

Kevin L. McLaughlin,  CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Assistant Vice President, Information Security & Special Projects
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and its content is confidential, intended solely for the addressee, and may
be legally privileged. Access to this message and its content by any individual or entity other than those identified
in this message is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this
e-mail may be unlawful. Any action taken or omitted due to the content of this message is prohibited and may be
unlawful.