Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NetEqualizer Feedback

From: Vincent Stoffer <vince () REED EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:59:23 -0800

Hello Esteban,

We've had the NetEqualizer in place at Reed since the beginning of this
year.  So far, so good.  It's lived up to the promise of being a set it
and forget it type of appliance.  It was replacing a Packetshaper and
while we do miss the increased visibility into the traffic (including
better monitoring and reporting) of the Packetshaper, the Netequalizer
has been trouble-free at doing its job of equalizing traffic in a
protocol-agnostic fashion.  It requires very time little beyond the
initial setup and bit of fine tuning.  The unit will also allow us to
continue upgrading our bandwidth without needing to upgrade the hardware
(the reason our Packetshaper had to go).

I'd be happy to discuss any further details with you, contact me
off-list.

Thank you,

Vince

* Reyes, Esteban <reyes () LAKEFOREST EDU> [100119 14:43]:
Someone has recommended me the Netequalizer for traffic shaping and I was wondering if anyone owned one or have had
experiences using this product.

Thanks,

Esteban Reyes | Lake Forest College, IL

--
\ \ / / | '_ \ / __/ _ \   Vincent Stoffer   Network Security Administrator