Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Systems Acquisition and Development standard

From: Ozzie Paez <ozpaez () SPRYNET COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:52:13 -0700

I think that David's answer contains an important consideration and that is
the inclusion of the audit team's input.  Without it you could end up with a
system that complies with a design/acquisition/development standard(s) and
an audit system/team that audits to a different one.  That can result in
much wasted time and the need for all kinds of exceptions to the audits in
order to accommodate the system.  In the end, your system requirements
should map effectively with your audit standards, that will save you time
and money, while reducing risks,

Ozzie Paez

SSE/SAIC

303-332-5363