Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

experience with tools for data scrubbing?

From: "Drews, Jane E" <jane-drews () UIOWA EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:18:49 -0600

The EDUCAUSE Effective Practices group is interested in augmenting a white paper (draft) developed by the Governance,
Risk, and Compliance group titled "GUIDELINES FOR DATA DE-IDENTIFICATION OR ANONYMIZATION".

Specifically, we'd like to include some resources and tools for data de-identification that have been used
successfully, whether developed or purchased, with some general information about their value and ease of use.

Have you utilized a tool like Camouflage, Optim, CoSort, Physio-Deid, Dataguise, helpIT? (Or another?) Have you
developed your own tool or methods?   If so, I'd like to talk with you.

Thanks!
Jane

Jane Drews, CISSP
Information Technology Security Officer