Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Are users right in rejecting security advice?

From: Patrick Ouellette <ouellep () ALGONQUINCOLLEGE COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:44:43 -0400

Problem is, without enforceable laws/policies and strong support for it from management, "best practices" ends up
being the reality ...

What's the old saying about standards? "The fun with standards is that there's so many to choose from", and since none
of them have the force/weight of law... choose with impunity!

Sincerely,

Patrick Ouellette
Algonquin College - School of Advanced Technology
Program Coordinator: Computer Systems Technician & Technology - Networking / Security Programs
Professor - Computer Studies Department