Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote Acceses Policies - VPN vs Desktop Access

From: "Witmer, Robert" <r.witmer () SNHU EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:27:45 -0400

Remote access to desktops was permitted as required (by individual) in the past via VPN tunnels.  The business driver
was usually host access.  We now have a terminal server (Citrix like) solution where staff (by individual) can get to
the hosts required, but not to their desktops.  We are dissolving the remote desktop access as quickly as possible.