Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSH password capture

From: "Yonesy F. Nunez" <yonesy.nunez () NEWSCHOOL EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:52:05 -0400

Agreed.  SSH keys are stronger than passwords; I'd recommend protecting the
SSH keys with a strong password though, ;).  In the event that you require
automated usage of SSH, harden the device/system that requires this usage to
further prevent these types of exploits.  And not to thread-jack, but what
is everyone else doing to manage system updates in their *nix (and/or
heterogeneous) environments?

Best regards,

Yonesy

--